o c e a n b r e e z e

innit

Friday, May 21, 2004

Kids. They can either make your day or break it. Its true. They're pure-hearted and can say the the most profound things sometimes (in very simple words, of course); yet, they can be so cruel, too. They can make you tired in a matter of minutes - and I mean mentally. They can cause you to become extremely angry...and extremely happy.

The other day...no actually it was the other week..no, actually, a few months ago. Yes. A few months ago an 11 year old student of mine gave me a home-made card. It was made out of that squared paper you get in maths books. Scrawled, in pencil, on the top it said "Dear Sister/Baji ******. You're the bestest teacher in the whole wide world. I know you get tired of teaching us sometimes and I'm really sorry if I upset you". It had hearts and stars all over the card. Cause and effect: Such a simple act...such a nice feeling of job satisfaction. Its so cool and refreshing to think that your efforts and hard work don't go unnoticed - even by a kid.
Just today the same student, when putting on her shoes to go home, saw me coughing and wheezing away and said: "InshaAllaah, you'll get better soon". InshaAllaah. :)
Kids are so perceptive. I've noticed they have such a clear judgment of things. Alot of the time, they see things and people for who they are...


In other news, I was playing around with the template html code stuff and I somehow managed to delete my archives. Great. I've messed up me Credits links, too. I need to sort me blog out one of these days. After my exams, inshaAllaah, if I can be bothered I'll sort everything out. Watch this space...

And with that, I say farewell.

Wa salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home