o c e a n b r e e z e

innit

Sunday, June 13, 2004

I've realised that some of the kewlest nasheeds and tilaawah cannot be found on the web. They can be found lying dusty and dark under piles of other cassettes and cd's.
The other day, I was cleaning some stuff out when I came across some old casettes. One was of some tilaawah by qari 'abdul-basit. He was reciting a surah during taraweeh and it was bee-oooootiful! One of those recitaitons when you can tell that its having a deep impact on the recitor..as well as the listeners.
Another one I found was of some nasheeds. I popped the cassette in and heard a melodious voice singing the praises of the Students in pushto.
I found some other really cool stuff, too.

Reminds me of what Muhammad Ali said to his daughters once; the most precious pearls and jewels are hidden, so they're protected. In the same way, you should cover up and wear hijaab, because you are a jewel and need to be protected and kept safe.
Something like that.
My findings are like jewels to me, and they were lying, dusty and hidden, under other stuff.

Yeah.

Am I even making sense? Probably not..

I'm famished. I better eat something 'fore I faint.

Wa-salaamun 'alaykum ajma'een.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home