As-salaamu 'alaykum,
Hmmm..haven't been here in a while.
It rained last night. Not just rain, but there was thunder and lightening to go with it. This is the second storm I've witnessed in spring. The first being...in the homeland. That one was worse because I remember the electricity had gone out! it was about 11/12 at night, and we were all at a neighbour's 2-bedroom mud-house (man, that house is SO cool). Anyways, there were like...I dunno..12/13 people in one room, eating, chatting..as you do. Suddenly, the lights went out and we all sat in darkness, rolling our eyes, "oh great..there it goes again. Rabia, get the lantern will ya?". So Rabia lit the lantern which made the room look like a cave. So, we carried on with whatever we were doing (this included: eating, talking, laughing, singing), not noticing the low rumbling in the distance. Suddenly, the wind outside picked up, causing doors to bang and curtains to flail about, the rumbling got louder, and the sky lit up every few minutes with lightening. And then it started to rain heavily. We could barely hear one another as the rain hit the metal sheets on the roof. Wow..it was kinda cool now that I think about it.
Aaaanyways, bank holiday tomorrow, which means no col. wooohooo! I aint started any revision yet and theres only 2 weeks left till exams. Can I revise for 12 exams in 2 weeks? We'll see..
oh crap. i still aint done me coursework which was due 2 weeks ago. WHY is it that everytime i remember to/find time to revise or crack on with coursework, my mind wanders to other things, "oh, look! a butterfly.."
okay, I aint that silly. but stuff like washing up, cleaning the kitchen, mopping, dusting, ironing comes up everytime I glance at the books. Argh! I do this every year and its getting annoying now. And I've given up with timetables and all that - none of it works.
Forgerrit. I'ma go eat something, I'm starving.
Hmmm..haven't been here in a while.
It rained last night. Not just rain, but there was thunder and lightening to go with it. This is the second storm I've witnessed in spring. The first being...in the homeland. That one was worse because I remember the electricity had gone out! it was about 11/12 at night, and we were all at a neighbour's 2-bedroom mud-house (man, that house is SO cool). Anyways, there were like...I dunno..12/13 people in one room, eating, chatting..as you do. Suddenly, the lights went out and we all sat in darkness, rolling our eyes, "oh great..there it goes again. Rabia, get the lantern will ya?". So Rabia lit the lantern which made the room look like a cave. So, we carried on with whatever we were doing (this included: eating, talking, laughing, singing), not noticing the low rumbling in the distance. Suddenly, the wind outside picked up, causing doors to bang and curtains to flail about, the rumbling got louder, and the sky lit up every few minutes with lightening. And then it started to rain heavily. We could barely hear one another as the rain hit the metal sheets on the roof. Wow..it was kinda cool now that I think about it.
Aaaanyways, bank holiday tomorrow, which means no col. wooohooo! I aint started any revision yet and theres only 2 weeks left till exams. Can I revise for 12 exams in 2 weeks? We'll see..
oh crap. i still aint done me coursework which was due 2 weeks ago. WHY is it that everytime i remember to/find time to revise or crack on with coursework, my mind wanders to other things, "oh, look! a butterfly.."
okay, I aint that silly. but stuff like washing up, cleaning the kitchen, mopping, dusting, ironing comes up everytime I glance at the books. Argh! I do this every year and its getting annoying now. And I've given up with timetables and all that - none of it works.
Forgerrit. I'ma go eat something, I'm starving.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home