o c e a n b r e e z e

innit

Friday, January 27, 2006

Me dad came back from Saudi a while ago, after doing Hajj, so we've been getting a steady flow of guests for the past week or so, with dates and zam zam being passed from one room to the next. What I find really annoying is when guests come without warning. I would think its simply good manners to at least ring before coming - a dozen things might crop up; we could be out or could be busy, etc.

They don't do this in Pakistan, apparently. Man, pakistan has some weird customs. Like, for example, when someone gets married and you invited half the village for a meal and ya gotta send out invitations and whatnot (wedding of *geeza's name* with daughter of *parents of girl*...her name's never mentioned in the village..pardah purposes innit...so cool). And if you happen to forget a few people and the meal's the next day and its 1am, a simple phonecall just won't do - so what we had to do was jump in the back of one of those pakistani suzukis (the open back ones, wind in your hair and all that), and drive half way across the lil village/town to random peoples' houses (ok, they werent random, but they were far) and invite em personally, face-to-face to the meal that was starting in less than 12 hrs' time. Folks there think phoning is rude..to be taken seriously, ya gotta go yourself. Aaahh...I still remember that night, we walked thru the narrow, winding uneven, dark, dusty streets to find houses that had no door numbers...as we heard the sound of the stream water hitting the rocks in the distance, beyond the graveyard. I was wearing the worst footwear possible tho: those slippers with the wooden soles...lol..nearly lost me slipper in one of those gutter things.

ANYwayz...enough nostalgia.

I need to sort this blog out one day. The thing is, I've forgotten how to work all the html stuff... and stuff, so if there's anybody out there who may be able to help, lemme know please. Basically, I need to add a commenting thing [either haloscan or that other blogger one], and I've got have it so that people not using IE can also see the blog properly. I've tried doing it myself, but I keep messing it up even more. So if anybody out there who reads this blog [if there still are any ppl reading this thing], would like a few extra du'aas their way and would like to help out, apply here. :P

Wa salaamun 'alaykum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home