I found three identical notebooks lying on the desk this morning.
I opened one to find a half finished sentence: "knowledge is better than weal"..
So, I opened the second book and found the same sentence carried on: "knowledge is better than wealth you".. still unfinished.
Intrigued, I then opened the last notebook to find this sentence written in scrawny handwriting at the top of the first page: knowledge is better than wealth. knowledge protects you while you protect wealth.
Those three notebooks belong to 3 lil siblings who come over for tuition every weekend. Apparently, the first 2 kids didn't get enough time to finish copying that sentence from the 3rd kid, hehee.
I opened one to find a half finished sentence: "knowledge is better than weal"..
So, I opened the second book and found the same sentence carried on: "knowledge is better than wealth you".. still unfinished.
Intrigued, I then opened the last notebook to find this sentence written in scrawny handwriting at the top of the first page: knowledge is better than wealth. knowledge protects you while you protect wealth.
Those three notebooks belong to 3 lil siblings who come over for tuition every weekend. Apparently, the first 2 kids didn't get enough time to finish copying that sentence from the 3rd kid, hehee.



9 Comments:
At 6:46 PM,
Anonymous said…
Aww masha Allah thats so cute!
The saying is very profound. Where is it from?
At 3:13 PM,
Traveller said…
i dunno where its from to be honest - I think the kids copied it from some book.
At 4:46 PM,
The Funky Photon said…
Awww, bless!
At 11:15 AM,
Anonymous said…
Lol, cuteness. I was intrigued too and thought there was some profound ending of someone so poignant. Turns out to be kids! Hehe. The quote is poignant enough though. :)
Btw, I can't seem to get a feed off your blog. So yours in one of the few I have to visit manually every now and then to check for updates. Any ideas?
At 7:15 PM,
Anonymous said…
knowledge is better than wealth. knowledge protects you while you protect wealth.
I have to say, I really like that quote. Cute story, too!
ps. you're tagged!
At 12:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
Lol..Aww thats adorable :D
At 3:51 PM,
Traveller said…
Innit. :D
Btw, I've no idea why I can't be fed...(hehee)..maybe cuz I'm special :P
I dunno.
At 8:30 AM,
Anonymous said…
hehe, that is very cute :)
I don't know how old they are, but they are definately walking a wise path :)
Masha'Allah
At 6:28 PM,
Anonymous said…
ps: I really find it so magical, the way in which you got to the full sentence.
It's like discovering a universal secret, the way it would happen in a story book.
I thought about that a couple of times after reading it :)
Post a Comment
<< Home