So, like, I've been tagged innit: 10 weird things about me. (my first tag, aswell! courtesy of Editor)
The rule is this:
1. I was once kidnapped by some random guy who picked me up and legged it down our road. (thankfully, my family soon realised I wasn't in the garden anymore and gave chase. the guy got scared, dropped me [and his plan to sell me to gypsies]* and ran).
2. I sometimes have the urge to laugh at innapropriate times. When I'm getting told off, for example, or one time when someone asked me to pass on some bad news to someone else, I had to shove some clothes into my mouth and tried in vain to stop shaking so much (cuz i was having a laughing attack) :/ [<-- that was yeeaaarrss ago btw, I would never do anything like that again :S]
3. I clear my throat when I'm nervous. Alot. So much so that I could make millions releasing it as a single: ahem ahem, aheeemmmmm ahem ahhheeeemmmMMMmmm, aaAAAhhHHheeeeEEMMmm, AHem ahEM aHEm..
4. I tend to use the word 'innit' alot when talking. ('I'm hungry' sez somebody. 'Eachur food then innit!' sez me; 'Why do you always call me a doofus?' sez a friend. 'cuz u *are* a doofus innit' sez me. ee tee see).
5. I was known for bringing in weird sandwiches to school. How an apple/pear/banana sandwich with margerine and cucumbers is weird, though, I'll never know.
6. I'm registered on about 7, maybe 8 message boards but actively lurk on about 2, maybe 3 of them. I can't be bothered to post on them regularly though.
7. I made this blog a few years ago on Eid day. (..thats how bored I was!)
8. I have plans to attend a procrastination workshop in 2 weeks' time inshaAllaah. I have plans.. 'nuff said.
9. I like to take pictures of my footwear when I'm out and about. (I shall regale y'all with a sample once I manage to connect my phone to the PC).
10. I have 5 reports due by the end of next week, and 9 exams in less than a month and I ain't done jack. Or jill for that matter.
*Kiddin about the gypsy part.
Right then, 6 people I tag:
gosh. I don't really know anyone...but I'll choose the following anyway:
Mcpagal, The Funky Photon, The Sane One, Muhaajirah, Mujaahidah and Mariya
:D
The rule is this:
People who get tagged must write in a blog of their own ten weird things or habits or little known facts as well as state this rule clearly. At the end you must choose six people to be tagged and list their names. No tagbacks!
1. I was once kidnapped by some random guy who picked me up and legged it down our road. (thankfully, my family soon realised I wasn't in the garden anymore and gave chase. the guy got scared, dropped me [and his plan to sell me to gypsies]* and ran).
2. I sometimes have the urge to laugh at innapropriate times. When I'm getting told off, for example, or one time when someone asked me to pass on some bad news to someone else, I had to shove some clothes into my mouth and tried in vain to stop shaking so much (cuz i was having a laughing attack) :/ [<-- that was yeeaaarrss ago btw, I would never do anything like that again :S]
3. I clear my throat when I'm nervous. Alot. So much so that I could make millions releasing it as a single: ahem ahem, aheeemmmmm ahem ahhheeeemmmMMMmmm, aaAAAhhHHheeeeEEMMmm, AHem ahEM aHEm..
4. I tend to use the word 'innit' alot when talking. ('I'm hungry' sez somebody. 'Eachur food then innit!' sez me; 'Why do you always call me a doofus?' sez a friend. 'cuz u *are* a doofus innit' sez me. ee tee see).
5. I was known for bringing in weird sandwiches to school. How an apple/pear/banana sandwich with margerine and cucumbers is weird, though, I'll never know.
6. I'm registered on about 7, maybe 8 message boards but actively lurk on about 2, maybe 3 of them. I can't be bothered to post on them regularly though.
7. I made this blog a few years ago on Eid day. (..thats how bored I was!)
8. I have plans to attend a procrastination workshop in 2 weeks' time inshaAllaah. I have plans.. 'nuff said.
9. I like to take pictures of my footwear when I'm out and about. (I shall regale y'all with a sample once I manage to connect my phone to the PC).
10. I have 5 reports due by the end of next week, and 9 exams in less than a month and I ain't done jack. Or jill for that matter.
*Kiddin about the gypsy part.
Right then, 6 people I tag:
gosh. I don't really know anyone...but I'll choose the following anyway:
Mcpagal, The Funky Photon, The Sane One, Muhaajirah, Mujaahidah and Mariya
:D

9 Comments:
At 1:42 AM,
Anonymous said…
=0 You were kidnapped?!
subhanAllaah, scary.
reminds me of the book, "The Face on the Milk Carton"
At 7:47 AM,
Anonymous said…
Yeah man, that's scary. How old were you? And has this incident scarred you for life? :O
#7, now that I look at your archives, you're an old blogger, mate!
And I'd love to see pics of your shoes, please! :D
At 7:48 AM,
Anonymous said…
That was me btw, heh. Accidentally pressed enter before I could fill in my name!
At 1:26 PM,
Anonymous said…
i agree, #1 is scary!
#2 I can sympathise with... I was once in the middle of a laughing fit when my English teacher told me he had CANCER and was going in for chemo. And I seriously couldn't stop laughing. And he was like 'find that funny, do you? find it funny that my son may no longer have a FATHER?!' - and I still couldn't stop, seriously. I had to run to the toilets, and go apologise to him when I'd calmed down. But he was cool with it and said he'd been winding me up anyway (in general, but he really did have cancer) so we were cool after that. :S
Ever had a jalebi sandwich, btw?
At 5:59 PM,
Traveller said…
salafiya: lol, innit @ #1. I've heard of that book btw, but should check it out one day.
edonymous: I was about 2/3 I think.. memory's hazy but my sis used to enjoy telling me about it all the time :p
I *could* say I am scarred for life - but that'd be lying, hehee. I suppose I can say I'm aware of my surroundings pretty much all the time, and I never trust strangers.
I need to find that CD you get with your new phone, so I can transfer pix etc to the comp, inshaAllaah. vaatch zees espace.
(#11: I like to imitate the indian accent alot)
mcpagal: lol, your incident reminds me of another mate who has an attack of the giggles too: she also laughed when one of our science teachers told us she had cancer! :O Needless to say, she apologised later :)
jalebi sandwich eh? never tried that one - but I've never really liked jalebi anyway..too sticky and sweet for my liking!
...thats not to say I may not experiment with it one day tho..I'll letcha kno if i ever do ;)
At 1:36 PM,
The Funky Photon said…
#6 applies to me aswell!... I can't even remember the names of half 'em
looking forward to seeing the pics of ur shoes too! heh!
At 9:46 AM,
Anonymous said…
:) hi
Quite an experience having been kidnapped :)
I love the name: 'traveller'
Lovely blog :)
At 9:47 AM,
Anonymous said…
ps: Laughing at innapropriate times is very funny :) Sometimes it actually brings a much needed smile to many faces :)
At 11:43 PM,
Anonymous said…
Wow you were kidnapped? That is so exciting! (well, the bit that you were rescued is alhamdulillah!).
Don't be scared by it sis, look at it this way: you are that special- someone else wanted you too! And your family came after you!
Not like me- when I was 2, my mum lost me in a market.
(She did later realise and come looking for me.)
Post a Comment
<< Home