So its August right, but it feels like we're at the end of December - typical British weather; flooding in summer, snow in spring..
I shouldn't complain though really, cuz then life'd be boring if everything ran on the course we wanted it to.
It wouldn't be so fun if I passed with flying colours just cuz I wanted to, because then I wouldn't have the thrill of avoiding my parents everytime the subject of Exams or Results came up, I wouldn't be racking my brains on how to break the news that I have a *gasp* Resit. I wouldn't have the joy of being in the middle of a celebratory occasion [cheif justice of Pak is back..back in black: in ur face busharraf] where everyones whooping and cheering and me turning to face my mum in the middle of all that partying with a laugh and grin on my face, "By the way, mum, I failed", and watch her grin slowly..slowly..fade..people around us turn to me in slow motion, their smiles receding...the noise around us fading..the wind screaming in my ears..the world spiralling in front of my eyes..the light fading....going..going....gone.
*
Cooooooor! Imagine if any of that really happened! I shudder to think of the consequences.
I shouldn't complain though really, cuz then life'd be boring if everything ran on the course we wanted it to.
It wouldn't be so fun if I passed with flying colours just cuz I wanted to, because then I wouldn't have the thrill of avoiding my parents everytime the subject of Exams or Results came up, I wouldn't be racking my brains on how to break the news that I have a *gasp* Resit. I wouldn't have the joy of being in the middle of a celebratory occasion [cheif justice of Pak is back..back in black: in ur face busharraf] where everyones whooping and cheering and me turning to face my mum in the middle of all that partying with a laugh and grin on my face, "By the way, mum, I failed", and watch her grin slowly..slowly..fade..people around us turn to me in slow motion, their smiles receding...the noise around us fading..the wind screaming in my ears..the world spiralling in front of my eyes..the light fading....going..going....gone.
*
Cooooooor! Imagine if any of that really happened! I shudder to think of the consequences.

1 Comments:
At 2:23 PM,
Anonymous said…
Woah, I liked that pseudo movie scene! All the best with your resit inshallah.
Post a Comment
<< Home