o c e a n b r e e z e

innit

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Someone asked a question on a message board: 'Isn't there any happiness out there?'

I presume the questioner was referring to current events in the world, specifically the Muslim world, as all she saw was saddening news on a particular part of the forum.

I thought about it. Even did a search for some vaguely good news. I couldn't find anything.

Now that has just made me gloomier than ever.

Everything just seems to be going downhill.

I just read about Sami Al-Hajj, the alJazeera cameraman who was arrested by the US occupiers in Afghanistan, imprisoned in Guantanamo Bay. He's been there for six years, is on hunger strike and his health is deteriorating every day.

Visit
http://www.prisoner345.net/
for more info.

Its really painful to think what the brothers, fathers, husbands and sons will be going through during ramadaan.

The least, the very least we can do is pray for these men, pray that they are given patience, peace of mind and are reunited with their grieving families.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JazakAllah khair for the links, do I know you from somewhere? If not then forgive me.

    ma'salam.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Traveller said…

    No, I don't think you know me - I just randomly came across your blog from a Quran links search and found it interesting.

    salaam 'alaykum.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home