o c e a n b r e e z e

innit

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The trees are dancing, the clouds are grey and I am cold. Nothing new there.

I have about a million and one things to do, and instead I'm updating this blog and listening to random songs (Ballad of the Content - Khalid Behlrouzi). Nothing new there.

I have 3 exams in 9 days time and I'm completly totally utterly butterly unprepared. Nothing new there. I aint even bothered about it anymore. Especially since my brothers wedding is 2 days before said exams and I've got better things to be doing, like listening to all sorts of nasheeds and calling it research for the wedding, etc. I have actually got a longish list of nasheeds that we'll have playing in the background iA, to name but all of them: (i dnt even kno the proper names of all of em):

khairu ayyaam
ghaadah
al-muallim
Qaseedah
Wa SubhanAllaah
Hasbi Rabbi
Mawlaya
Qalbee
Mercy like the rain
yaa rafeeq ad-darb
wedding song
zawjaty
tala al badr
da'ani
ahlan wa sahlan bil aroos
Mountains of Makkah
Rakan selawat
(maybe)ballad of the content

and the list is still unfinished. so if there's anyone out there with any more ideas, know that sharing is caring.

and if you don't care, share anyway. :P

i need to try and find some urdu and pushto ones. the pushto ones available on the net are on the extreme ends of the spectrum. you got the brelwified 'ya rasoolullah [saw]' types and then you got the 'we will die for afghanistan' or 'taliban will be victorious!' types.

imagine tucking into your biryani and kebabs, all dolled up at a wedding, and then all of a sudden you jump as the table vibrates, spoons clatter, hairstyles become undone when there's a huge KABOOM! and KABAM! emanating from the soundsystem, and then you hear an army of soldiers screaming 'ALLAHU AKBAR!' and the sounds of bombs falling and gunshots and marching boots.
that would be fun. imagine the old aunties' faces O_O and the uncles' O_o. haha.


nah. it would probably induce myocardial infarction in 50% of the attendees. (thats my bit of revision recap done for today).

**

my ears are blocked. both of em. have been since we got back from el-maghreb the other day. the world has been a much quieter place for me since then. all sounds have been dulled. no more are the sounds of cars driving past the house, or occasional horn beeping on another street, or loud-mouthed people on the street telling the world their problems with their boss/brother/boyfriend/bear. the incessant ringing of the phone is like a sound far off, the laughing and crying of my neice is but a distant sound wave. I can sit serenly in a room, my eyes closed and a peaceful smile on my face while a war is raging on right next to me. sometimes, i see floating faces in front of me with their mouth moving. i like to smile at them and walk past. they could be telling me something lifechanging and i wouldn't know. haha.

silence. the thing so delicate it breaks just when its name is mentioned.


and why not break it with abit of quran: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKgNxeL8ZR4&feature=related

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home