o c e a n b r e e z e

innit

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Its that time of year again.

I'm buried under an avalanch of deadlines for reports, essays, applications etc, not to mention revision. None of which I've started yet. Instead I'm surfing quran audio sites and the like, and posting here. History likes to repeat itself.

I don't really have anything interesting to say - its just tradition: when deadlies loom, update the blog which nobody reads anyway. ha! funny.


..

I was thinking tho, since we read surat al-kahf every week, we obviously have come to be good friends with it, and so we want to make sure we're reciting it perfectly, so that we dont end up sinning (by reciting incorectly) every week, as opposed to gaining reward. Of course, this goes for the 113 other surahs of the Quran. So I thought, why not start off with surah kahf and make sure the tajweed and correct pauses and elongations and stops etc are done properly, not some mad rush job,.

I've found that qari Ali Abdur-Rahman al-Huthaify's recitation is very clear and precice - very very good for sorting out our own recitationa and tajweed rules: http://quranicaudio.com/quran/8

Also, qari Abu Bakr ash-Shatry's recitation is smooooth..brings back memories of long car rides from days gone by.. http://quranicaudio.com/quran/3

and a relatively new recitation has also caught the attention of many hearts, its like cool spring water flowing over clean rocks.. Maher al-Muaqaly..http://quranicaudio.com/quran/65

I could go on but to end, qari Nour el-Deen Ahmad's recitation of surah ar-Rahmaan is cool and calming.. http://english.islamway.com/sindex.php?section=erecitorslist&iw_a=view&id=156

Gonna go and start some Biomaterials now.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    MashaAllah, very nice recitations.

     
  • At 8:29 PM, Blogger UmmShurahbeel said…

    jazakiAllaahu khayr

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Muhajirah said…

    Salaam ya traveller

    I remember i used to do the same, when revision, essays and other deadlines were looming i would blog instead. Now that those days have gone, i just dont feel like blogging no more - its just not the same lol.

    And isnt it wierd, how surah kahf is read every week, but rather than getting bored of it your heart becomes more attached to it and you just love to hear/recite it. Subhan'Allah!

    Hudhaify rocks big time and Mu'ayqali, what can i say, his recitation just blows you away, brings back memories of the haram, who can beat that.

    Anyway..

    Wa salaamu alaykum

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Umm Khawla said…

    yo Traveller, assalaamu`alayki wa rahmatullaah,

    where you been man? Missed reading your blog. Hope you're doing well habibti.

    <3

     

Post a Comment

<< Home