Has anyone taken this space?
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
As-salaamu 'alaykum to anyone who still reads this blog.
Its been a while! I know people take breaks from writing but 3+ years is probably pushing it.
So I was listening to a talk on TED the other day where the speaker was telling the audience how she was preparing to get Alzheimers. It was a very interesting talk. It was titled 'How I'm preparing to get Alzheimer's'.
The lady was being realistic. In that studies have shown that genes play a significant role in getting the disease, and as her father has Alzheimers, she probably will too.
But.. theres 2 ways of looking at reality, seeing things as a glass half full, or a glass half empty. Now I know the talk was probably titled in such a way to attract the attention of the audience..but if a person was to see the glass as being half full, they could have titled it 'How I'm preparing to avoid Alzheimer's'...
...but that would be boring, while pessimism can be fun.
As-salaamu 'alaykum to anyone who still reads this blog.
Its been a while! I know people take breaks from writing but 3+ years is probably pushing it.
So I was listening to a talk on TED the other day where the speaker was telling the audience how she was preparing to get Alzheimers. It was a very interesting talk. It was titled 'How I'm preparing to get Alzheimer's'.
The lady was being realistic. In that studies have shown that genes play a significant role in getting the disease, and as her father has Alzheimers, she probably will too.
But.. theres 2 ways of looking at reality, seeing things as a glass half full, or a glass half empty. Now I know the talk was probably titled in such a way to attract the attention of the audience..but if a person was to see the glass as being half full, they could have titled it 'How I'm preparing to avoid Alzheimer's'...
...but that would be boring, while pessimism can be fun.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home